We hope to see you at a meeting soon.
Benefits of Membership
There are many benefits to membership beyond the education, motivation, and friendship with local writers. Established in 1909, few writing clubs can match the historical pedigree of the California Writers Club.
- Free Admission to In-Person Meetings
- Name badge identification at meetings
- Access to other branch meetings
- Eligible to submit to the LITERARY REVIEW, a juried collection of poems, stories, fiction, and nonfiction
- Receive a print edition of the California Writers Club Annual LITERARY REVIEW
- Publish online in the SoCal Writers Showcase – exclusive to members of the eight Southern California CWC chapters
- Professional affiliation on LinkedIn, resume, query letters, etc.
- Informational monthly newsletter filled with club information, writing contests, and other local resources for writers
- Network regularly and share information with other writers in Orange County, learn about local critique groups and writing contests
- Invitation to juror prominent student writing contest
- Access to YouTube recordings of previous Zoom meetings (limited time)
- Book placement on the club’s website bookshelf (if you have a book for sale)
- Bi-annual election of executive board officers
- Volunteer board member roles
- Education, motivation, and inspiration
The California Writers Club Orange County Branch is one of 22 branches in the state organization. OC Branch is open to professional and aspiring writers and non-writing literary experts.
At our monthly meetings, members have the opportunity to meet authors, agents, editors and publishers and to acquire current techniques and information for the crafting and marketing of their work. The Club offers professional networking, mentoring and a variety of educational programs to its members. We facilitate the exchange of ideas among authors and provide inspiration through the camaraderie of fellow writers.
For further information about our programs and activities, please contact our Membership Chair listed below.
Here are the membership rates:
New Membership: $45 plus a one-time $20 processing fee (Valid July 1 thru June 30)
Partial-Year New Membership: $22.50 plus a one-time $20 processing fee (Available after January 1st; Valid from signup until June 30)
Annual Renewal: $45 per year. Renewals are payable July 1st of each year.
Student Membership: $15 (Valid July 1 thru June 30) (conditions apply; renews at $15)
Dual Club Membership: $25 (must be a full member at another CWC branch; conditions apply; renews at same rate)
Our chapter is open to writers working to hone their craft. Publication is not a requirement for membership. Members belong to CWC at the branch and state level.
We are currently accepting new members, including writers, published authors, students, agents, booksellers, publishers, producers, directors, book illustrators, and other non-writing literary professionals.
To Apply for Membership
CLICK HERE to download a membership application form. To join, please email a completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put "membership app" in the subject line. You will be contacted when membership is approved, usually within 48 hours.
Questions? Contact Membership Chair, Colleen Janssen at email@example.com and put "membership app" in the subject line.